(h/t to SNAFU! )
Just something to ponder. It also gives you an idea where the countries assigned to states rank as well.
It also kind of shoots all that "let Commifornia go to hell" sentiment right in the pants too, but facts and reality rarely matter to ranting monkeys scraping their diapers for another handful of ammunition to fling. In fact, CA's economy is nearly as big as TX and NY combined, and is as big as the economies of Alaska, Washington, Oregon, Idaho, Nevada, Utah, Arizona, New Mexico, Colorado, Wyoming, North Dakota, South Dakota, Nebraska, Kansas, Oklahoma, and Arkansas combined.
If you were wondering about ranking, after the U.S., here are the rest of the Top Ten as of 2016, and the states it would take to equal them:
2. China (all of the US minus CA, TX, NY, FL, and IL)
3. Japan (CA and TX combined)
4. Germany (TX, NY, and VA combined)
5. United Kingdom
6. France (slightly less than CA)
7. India (TX and OH combined)
8. Italy (TX and KY combined)
9. Brazil (TX and NE combined)